Our Studio Yoga Etiquette
- Stay well-hydrated; drink plenty of water throughout the day. Proper hydration makes a big difference in how you feel during & after class. Try not to eat 2 hours before class, but something light like fruit is okay.
- Studio opens 15 minutes prior to the start of class. Late admittance is strictly prohibited & doors will be locked when class begins.
- Be prompt as part of your practice. We start class on time. Students should be in the room when the teacher enters, and remain in the room until the teacher leaves.
- Upon entering the studio please remove your shoes and leave them on the shoe rack.
- Have clean feet. No fragrant body lotion, perfume or cologne, as fellow students may be sensitive or allergic to scents.
- No watches, cell phones, purses, wallets, keys or food are allowed in the yoga room. Pagers & cell phones are permitted in the yoga room ONLY if you are an on-call, emergency medical provider.
- Keep all personal belongings, keys, clothes, etc., in the locker room. Only your mat, towel, and non-glass drink container are allowed in the yoga room. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Glass and/or gum are not permitted anywhere in the studio.
- If you appear to be intoxicated or high, you will be asked to leave for the safety of yourself and others. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
During Class: Have Fun!
- Everyone must have a yoga mat and a large yoga towel to cover their mat. The purpose of your towel and mat are to catch your sweat and keep it from saturating our floors. When lying on your mat, please keep your whole, entire body on your mat and towel.
- Bring your water, Gatorade, etc, in a stainless steel or plastic container. Glass is never permitted anywhere in our yoga studio.
- Never move or step on another student’s mat/towel. Always ask the teacher for assistance if mats need adjusting.
- Please don't throw, drop, or toss your hand weights onto the floor... it puts divots in the flooring.
- Please be silent in the yoga room. Be courteous of your fellow classmates, who arrive early to relax and/or meditate before the start of class. Respect and enjoy the silence of the yoga room before, during and after class. Please ask questions in the lobby before or after class. We’re more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Stay in the yoga room for the entire class, even if you’re just resting in savasana. If you feel lightheaded or dizzy, do not leave the yoga room unattended. Instead, immediately lie down and raise your hand to let the teacher know you need assistance. It's dangerous to leave the hot room by yourself; if you faint, no one is there to help you.
- If you need to puke, leave quickly, but please come back when you’re done.
- Try not to wipe your sweat, it makes the body work harder trying to produce more sweat to cool you down. Be one with the sweat.
- No whining, complaining, grunting, audible sighs, or pouting. Think only positive thoughts and try to focus on your breath.
- Do not spit or blow your nose into your towel, it’s gross. Tissue box is on the front desk counter, so please bring some in with you if you need it. Soiled tissues should be kept in between your towel and your mat, NOT on our floor. Please properly dispose of your garbage after class.
- Please remain silent during the final savasana, and as you’re exiting the yoga room.
- If you rented a mat, please hang it over the ballet barre at the back of the room.
- Please limit yourself to a 2-minute shower to rinse off (count to 120).
- Teachers need to vacate and lock up the studio 30 minutes after class ends. Students must leave the studio before the teacher leaves.
- Enjoy the peace and energy derived from class, and make a commitment to return tomorrow. Change your body, change your mind, change your life!